If your application is experiencing heap fragmentation then you can try the alternative heap.
- undefined (default)
- OFF, use standard heap
- Use UMM Malloc.
Do not enable custom heap allocation and -mforce-l32 compiler flag at the same time.
Default: 1 (enabled)
Custom heap functions are stored in IRAM by default for performance reasons.
If you need the IRAM (about 1.5K bytes) then disable this option:
make ENABLE_CUSTOM_HEAP=1 UMM_FUNC_IRAM=0
- umm_malloc - Memory Manager For Small(ish) Microprocessors
- Detailed Description
- Operation of malloc right after system startup
- Operation of malloc when we have reached the end of the free list and there is no block large enough to accommodate the request.
- Operation of malloc when we have found a block (cf) that will fit the current request of b units exactly
- Operation of malloc when we have found a block that will fit the current request of b units with some left over
- Free Scenarios
- Realloc Scenarios